Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving this year did not turn out as I had planned. I was planning on going to DC to spend time with friends from this summer, stay with Rachel and come back to BV on Friday. With my license being expired (but renewed, i just hadn't gotten it in the mail yet) my dad felt uneasy about me going and with my car acting up and a possibility of the exhaust pipe falling off on the trip up or back, I felt uneasy. After thought, and a little complaining I went to visit Scott at work and tell him that I didn't think I was going to go to DC. He suggested I drive ten miles or so and see how I feel about it after I get going. I took his advice, started back on 81 and the check engine light came on. Not that this is anything new but I had just disconnected the battery so it wouldn't do that and it came on after fifteen miles, not good.

I decided to stay in Buena Vista and get my car fixed instead of tripping it up to DC. While I was pretty bummed (okay, maybe really bummed. I was a poop to be around for a day or two) I still had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mallory and I went to Roanoke to go shopping on Wed. and we found a lot of great deals :) On Thursday, I went to Scott's house and spent the day with the Dransfields. Literally, all day. I got there about 11:00am and we began cooking. We ate dinner, went on a short walk/bird watching expedition, watched elf (well everyone else watched Elf, Scott and I fell asleep in the corner hah), woke up and ate dessert, played apples to apples, ate some more dessert, watched Spirited Away, took another nap - and then I left. 14 hours. It was a good build up to what Saturday would be.

Friday I just hung around and did some housework. Relaxed day. Saturday I woke up and went to Lowe's to get a copy of my car key made so I could drop off my car at the shop. Scott came by to pick me up and drove over with me so I could drop my car off. We filled up the gas tank and jumped on 81. 4 hours later we arrived in Norfolk. We drove around a bit, found some parking and headed out for some pre-concert adventures. We went down to the waterfront and took some pictures, and then began walking towards The Chrysler Museum of Art. I really liked this gallery a lot. It was small (only 2 floors) but had a really great variety in its art work. We left and walked past Norva to see if there was a crowd and saw a few people in line. We decided to head back to the car and pick up our tickets and go back to Norva. A few hours later we were in and listening to some local opening bands, and then came MAE. I liked them before but I really like them now. They put on a great live show and involved the audience. I was worried I would not know the songs they were playing but I knew most of them so that was fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment