12.18.2008

One left!!

I have made it through finals week, YES! Im alive, barely, and still kicking and I really cannot wait to finish my last exam. Algebra was on wednesday, and I am pretty sure I got at least a B on the test. It wasnt the easiest but I brought my ipod, zoned out (or i guess in, to the test) and stayed for 2 hours. I am almost positive its the longest I have ever taken on a college final, but I felt really good about it when I left. This morning was Macro, which yeah.. it was the final wrap up of a really bad grade. I knew I was doing horribly, I just dont get the material but I am thankful for the opportunity I had to take the class and learn that I do not ever want to be an economist :-) Tomorrow is my Financial Accounting final and I feel pretty secure about it. I took an accounting course in high school and this test is pretty much covering everything I learned there with just a tad more depth to it. I dont think it will be too hard but I am ready to get it over with.

Sadly, it looks as if Mallory and I will not be leaving for home tomorrow but on saturday. Seems that there is a storm hitting a part of PA that we would be in, at the time we would be there if we left tomorrow after my test. There are also storms hitting back home in NY but if we leave early enough on saturday we should beat them and be fine. I also think I feel a little safer if something comes in closer to home, at least I know my area, if we get stuck in PA its not exactly friendly teritory.

On a better note though today I signed up to become an group fitness instructor... Me? I know! I thought the same thing. Last spring Mallory and I started going to this class called Body Attack on campus. Its a pretty intense aerobic workout lasting about 60 minutes (it starts as about 45 and builds until the end of the semester) that is run under the Les Mills fitness program. Its taught by a professor here named Tobie Bauman who amazes me every class. She is very high energy, very fit and so much fun. She really made me enjoy the class, and so Mallory and I did that all last spring semester. Then we started up this fall with a new attack program trying to get SVU to be a certified Les Mills training facility. Basically this means that we can train people to teach at our SVU location, it involves lots of hard work (and $190) but once you are certified (which happens after you send in a video at the end of your training and hours of instruction) you can teach in any location that offers these programs. Its great because when I go home over the summer I can teach at a local gym and make some money doing something I really love. It is very exciting and I was worried I wouldnt be able to have time to teach but it looks like I will and I really cant wait. Only slight downside is I really have to keep up my workouts over christmas break to make sure when we start learning the new lesmills program, my body is at least more prepared to handle it.

Okay well its house checks tonight and I really need to finish cleaning and packing! BYE!


oh yeah... I LOVE NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment