11.17.2010

My day as The Birthday Girl

November Sixteenth.


Oh, it's a fun day. This 11/16 is my last at SVU. It is probably the last birthday I will celebrate in Buena Vista, VA. It was fun.


Monday night I needed to go to a local ice cream shoppe, Sweet Things, to get some more information on their company for a presentation we had Tuesday (Marketing - Supply Chain Management). I had a goal of finishing the Book of Mormon by my birthday and told Scott that we probably could not do anything Monday night because I wanted to try and finish. Love: He is an RM, and gets that and was happy to give me up for a night :). Well, I read, and read, and read, but I needed a break and I needed to go to Sweet Things so I called up the boy and asked if he wanted to come with, picked him up and we were off. It was raining, I hate rain, and when we got to Lexington we just sat in the car listening to WNRN for ...fifteen minutes or so before I decided to drive closer and see if there was closer parking. We get over there and they are closed! Well, I still needed time away from my apartment so we went to Wal-mart and picked up some Cheesecake and Strawberry Milk, and went to the gas station to visit our friend, Ryan. I wound up being distracted for a lot longer than I intended but eventually made it home to finish other projects. (I haven't finished my reading yet but I plan on doing that today. Next goal is to start again and finish by Christmas)


So that was the birthday eve.


The next morning I was walking to class and Amanda catches me by the library with a loud rendition of "happy birthday". Thank you. I go to class and Perkins says she wont embarrass me. Again, Thank you. I head home after Philosophy to pick up a bucket of Pumpkin Ice Cream for our Marketing presentation. I get back and Skylar makes a motion (we do parliamentary procedure in this class) to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. They do. Yup, Thank you. We dish out Ice cream and our presentation goes fairly well. I go home, change, go to Law and Jemma announces that it is my birthday. One more time, "Happy Birthday", and Thank you.


Scott asked if he could come pick me up around 4:00pm but gave me no other clues as to what plans were. For a planner and a worrier, like me, that was... interesting. I get out to the car and his mom is in the backseat with a box (yay). She said she wanted to see my face when I opened it haha. I open the box and it contains about 12 issues of one of her favorite cooking magazines, with a very nice card. I was so excited because two issues were all about soup and boy, do I want some soup now that its cold here. I loved it. We dropped her off at the house and left on our trip.


Scott said because it was my birthday, I got to pick the music. Well, I saw the Garden State Soundtrack and put it in. He seemed hesitant and said, "Oh, you're not going to look around?" (me) "No, I saw Garden State and we haven't listened to that yet... should I look?" (Scott) "Well.... you could..."


MIX CD - Just for Me :)


I quickly changed the disc and we listened to the mix the whole way to.... Harrisonburg! His original plan was to kidnap me to DC (Love it!) but he wasn't sure if he could get one of the parents cars for that, and it would have been crazy seeing as I get out of class at 3. We arrive in Harrisonburg and he is looking for this place, wont let me see the map so I can help, so we just drive until he finds it. This little Italian place (Sam, Ry, Laura, Mal - Think Salvatores... with a more classy interior and the food being a little more authentic but same vibe, small town Italian place) and woah, was it good. They had 'amatriciana which is what I ate a lot of in Italy so I ordered that and it was SO GOOD!


After we went to pick out a movie and get tickets. We had two hours until our movie so we went to Wal-Mart to shop for Gavin for his birthday. Gavin is Scott's, now 10 year old, brother whose birthday is also 16 November. We could not find the game that we were looking for so we walked around. He walked me straight to the kitchen section and kept asking if I had this, or that. I told him that I didn't want anything, nor need anything, and that my birthday date was enough. We went over to Bed, Bath and Beyond though because I wanted to see if they had a few things that I did want so I could get myself a present. After looking at many fun things Scott said "Hypothetically, if you were to get one of these four things we saw, which would you get? Hypothetically of course".


and I am now the proud owner of -
A Creme Brulee Set


We went to a few more stores, watched Morning Glory (not recommended) and drove home. I think Ive already said this but twenty was a fun year... I think twenty-one is going to full of more adventures and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment