1.30.2011

If eating pancakes for two meals in one day is wrong, I don't want to be right



I'm sitting here in my apartment near the end of a nearly perfect Sunday and what do I feel like eating for dinner? Pancakes. But not just any pancakes.... Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes.

I went to Wal-mart yesterday with Megan & the parents and we talked about pancakes on the way home. I said how I had never made them without bisquick or some other mix and they were shocked, and then gave me a few recipes that I just had to try. They have convinced me, I now need to use up my bisquick so I can move forward and never buy pre-made pancake mix again, or at least for awhile.

For breakfast today I made Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes and they were so good! I'm not the biggest fan of syrup so when I ate one with just a little Blue Bonnet on top and I enjoyed it, I was sold. The brown sugar gives them the sweet but the oats made me feel like I was eating healthy, win-win.

Please, please, try this! Its so easy and so yummy and yes, I am probably making another batch for dinner.

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes
(original recipe from allrecipes.com but edited by me)
1 large egg
1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil or melted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar (can easily reduce to 1/4 c.)
10 tbsp. quick oats, uncooked
1. Whisk egg, milk and butter or oil together
2. Mix dry ingredients together
3. Add the wet to the dry and stir until just combined
4. Pour onto a lightly greased griddle or pan, cook & enjoy!
Tips:
1 - If you want to use buttermilk but do not have any - you can make it with just milk and white vinegar, google it!
2 - I added 1/2 tsp of Vanilla to my batter, yum.
3 - You could probably also add cinnamon, not sure why I didn't since I add it in everything

No comments:

Post a Comment