4.15.2011

Spring Break - Part 1, Vegas

Checked my bags and ready to go through security in Roanoke....
yup, this photo is in the bathroom of the airport. Classy? Sure!


First Day in Vegas - John goes to work at 5(ish) in the morning until 5:30 that night... leaving me in his bachelor pad for the day with this in the kitchen to eat...

{{**I'm taking a minute here to mention that I stayed alone in the bachelor pad for the 3 days & 2 nights that I was in Vegas while John stayed at his parents place 2 miles away. Just for clarification purposes. I'm graduating in 15 days and don't need the SVU Honor Council to see this and think something shady went down. It didn't.**}}


Kidding. Though, I did have a bit of a scavenger hunt when it came time for breakfast. In the end I wound up with this... pretty good, eh?


Johns Dad came over trying to find John, who wasn't answering his cell phone, so we could all go to Cafe Rio... I decided to hang out for a bit to wait for him to get home. After all the phone calls from me and his dad, I got a call saying "hold on! I'm almost home.. geez" (haha), he got home and we took the bike (after I fought him for a good fifteen minutes because I didn't think I liked motorcycles anymore... silly me) to Cafe Rio. (YUM!) Took the highway back to the parents house and exchanged the bike for johns brothers car so we could go down to the strip.

Crazy Place. Think NYC meets Theme Park.

We went in to a bunch of cool buildings that I don't remember the names of except this giant rabbit made of plants, this was in the Bellagio :)


along with the worlds largest chocolate fountain...


...and a crepe with coconut ice cream and mangoes....

...and these pretty desserts!


Outside the Bellagio we watched the water show...


We went in to another building and I saw this huge kitchen shop... and John dealt with me attempting to purchase everything in the store until they closed (6 minutes after we got there).


PROOF: I was in Vegas.
I dislike photos being taken of me, and just me, so sometimes people ask if I even went to places...

PARIS!


 Italy <3

                  
   We found Dory....

            
Next day we woke up SUPER early to get to the Hoover Dam
and listen to all of John's Dam Jokes (like "look, its the Dam parking lot",
"Dam tourists" "Dam Rock"... you get it)

Sometimes we act like we like each other. This is not one of those times.

                                                
 After we went to the Hoover Dam and the Las Vegas sign we met up with Jake(Cheddah) and Vanessa and drove out to the desert to shoot up some television sets and spray paint cans. It was my first time shooting a gun but I didn't do as bad as I thought I might. It was hard to hit the spray paint cans so I left those to the boys but I helped bust up the two tv's... talk about great stress reliever!

(Check out my footwear. Yes, I went shooting in ballet flats.. sure did)


After shooting we drove back to John's place so I could pack up my bags so we would have time to do some things before I had to go to the airport.

One of my goals on this trip was to see as many temples as I could in the 11 day period so I had to see the Las Vegas Temple. The photos do not do this place justice. The angles are really unique (compared to the temples I have been at before this trip - Boston, Manhattan, Palmyra and D.C.) and the roof is this dark colored wood. The outside is not a very white stone but off-white and with the red mountains in the back - Well, it is a new favorite. I loved this temple a lot. 


Love.
John talking to Las Vegas & Las Vegas talking back to John. Right. There.
Las Vegas Nevada Temple - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

After the temple we hit up In N' Out one last time and then it was off to the airport to say our goodbyes.

See you in a few months, Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment