4.08.2011

"You're My Boomerang"








I'm not supposed to miss you, cause you're not coming back
And I wish I never kissed you, so what do you think of that?
What did I get myself into?

In the back of my mind there will always be the catch and throw away
But this moment's got me thinking I could reach you
And I'm waking up alone and echo the song sung yesterday
and begging you to come back home

Cause you're my boomerang
My repititous twist of fate
But unexpectedly this time you don't come back to me
Still you go on and on for someone else

This back and forth gets me going around and round
And I'm so worn out and dizzy while you knock the good ones down
Now I want to know the truth- do you even miss me?

Cause in the back of my mind I could always feel the push and pull away And now I can see that you were leaving me

When you're my boomerang and I tried so hard to make you stay
Without a doubt I see this time you won't come back to me

So fly, fly, fly like a bird in the atmosphere
Glide, glide let the breeze you're feeling take you there
Fly away from me

In the back of my mind there'll always be the catch and throw away
But this time I'll let it fly and not try to reach you
Because getting up alone will help me grow my own pair of wings
and the time has come for me to fly

Oh boomerang, I'm down to let you go, cause you're my boomerang
And the fun we had was all in vain
But unexpectedly this time you won't come back to me
Still you go on and on for someone, go on and on for someone else

Fly, Fly, Fly like a bird in the atmosphere
Glide, glide let the breezed you're feeling take you there
Ride, ride on the wind the gets you out of here
Fly away from me




...It was one of thoes nights. I rediscovered my love for MAE, and thought fondly of Norfolk and the epic trip that was...


No comments:

Post a Comment