4.17.2011

Thank You, President Obama

(that may be the only time you hear me say that)

...or whoever is responsible for the American Opportunity Credit and the Making Work Pay Credit

I now am $1,000 closer to being able to get a car when I get to Utah.

This is great because I was fairly worried about transportation.

I know, I know, Provo has a great public transportation system and I don't necessarily need a car.
I guess at this point it is more of a "safety blanket" to be able to have a car so I can jump in and drive whenever I need to, wherever I need to go.

While we're on the topic of saving lets talk about ...saving.

I put $1,300 in my savings account for three months rent, utilities, and groceries for this summer in Provo.
I moved another $200 into savings for the deposit for the apartment.

$100 from grandma for a graduation dress that I already bought, and I have been depositing my paychecks into the savings account since I started back up at Joyful about a month ago so that is another $160. It looks as if I will have at least $1,000 left over from my spring refund check that I can put towards the car fund and another $2,000 of refund, and I get my deposit refund for my current place before I leave of $215,  Plus the $1,000 tax refund I am getting in the mail and the money I will make at Joyful from now until I leave in June (I figure another $250 at least) so that is....

$4,725

and having already put away rent, utilities and food that means the $4,725 can go to the things Ill need to buy when I get to Utah (pillows, a few dishes, storage drawers, hangers, toiletries, towels, etc.) and the leftover goes into my car fund...


Have I mentioned that I am graduating in 13 days with a Business Degree so I fully love working things out like this. Yay, budgets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment